Initial Acupuncture Visit
The Intake Exam
The initial acupuncture visit, begins with an intake exam with your healthcare practitioner. The intake exam will include the following:
• A thorough review of your health history form
• Inquiry and assessment of your symptoms
• Inquiry regarding your lifestyle
• Pulse and tongue assessment
• Palpation of the abdomen, acupuncture points and meridians
Depending upon the condition for which you are seeking treatment your practitioner may include the following in your intake exam:
• Postural assessment
• Muscle testing
• Range of motion assessment
• Basic orthopedic or neurologic tests
After your intake exam, your practitioner will review your diagnosis and treatment plan, and answer any questions or additional concerns you may have before beginning your acupuncture treatment.
Initial visits are scheduled for 75 minutes. Follow-up appointments are 55 minutes.